Sounds like a plan.

Depart: Pegasus Ice Runway, Antarctica ~ February 25, 2006
Arrive: Boulder, Colorado - May 27, 2006

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

toys, toys, and more toys

I've basically conceded to the idea that I'm going to work here for something on the order of three weeks and walk away with no more money than I came with, but a few pounds of some rather spendy toys. Big one is a nice green sleeping bag:



Also have a pair of mountaineering boots, some crampons, and several small items on order... Having a blast working up here in the gap again, and this time I'm living right beside the store, so that's pretty convenient. Saves on gas too! The plan at this point is to work here until I hit break-even, or somewhere around then, then head back down to Dad's place to play with one of my pet projects for a while. After that, I'll head from GA up to Damascus, VA for Traildays, then Hardcore, then off to KY to visit with my mom and friends around there for a while. A plane flight or two later, I'll be in Denver, CO then on the road to get out to Leadville for a WFR (Wilderness First Responder) course that'll take about 9 days to complete. Not sure exactly what'll happen after that, but it'll most likely involve finding a new place and job in Boulder in preperation for the school year beginning in August.

Got a job offer to work in South Pole fuels today, which sounds pretty interesting, but I'm still leaning towards going to college, so will likely end up passing it up. Does sound kind of neat though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home