Sounds like a plan.

Depart: Pegasus Ice Runway, Antarctica ~ February 25, 2006
Arrive: Boulder, Colorado - May 27, 2006

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Album of the evening: JJ Cale - Troubadour

Been putting in a bunch more screen time today so far, but keep getting distracted by daydreaming about getting back into the mountains. Also looking forward to seeing a everybody at Traildays in about a week. Finished up a resume to fax off to a few places in Boulder. Hoping to get a decent job in the outdoor industry there, don't know whether I could handle a tech job and a bunch of engineering/tech classes at the same time. Caught a little glitch in my FAFSA and got that corrected, which reminds me of a little rant that's a bit overdue.

I moved out to Colorado in August of 2004 mostly so that I could work towards residency and instate tuition status at CU for the fall of 2005 semester. Why go to all the trouble of moving a year in advance? Because it's seventeen thousand four hundred fifty four dollars PER YEAR (source)cheaper to attend classes as a state resident versus an out of state student. In addition to living in Colorado for a year prior to becoming a student, I must live completely financially independent from my parents, which isn't really all that big of a deal since I was doing it anyhow. The kicker is that, although I'm financially independent, I have to report my parent's income and assets so they can be figured into this whole financial aid thing. So, essentially their resources (which I can't touch without incurring an additional $1.99/hour for the entire 3 or so years I'm in school) are tallied and that amount is taken out of my potential financial aid package for school. Talk about an annoying catch-22!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home