Sounds like a plan.

Depart: Pegasus Ice Runway, Antarctica ~ February 25, 2006
Arrive: Boulder, Colorado - May 27, 2006

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The plan, as it stands now.

So, done with working at Neels Gap for a while. Managed to work things such that I ended up owing work just $5.46 after it was all said and done! Should be turning some of the gear I've acquired into cash when I get to traildays, so it all works out :). Also got plans for the next several weeks pretty much ironed out, so that's cool. My brother and I will be driving up to Kentucky tomorrow, from whence I'll take the car over to Traildays the following morning! Planning on working with the Leki guys a bit fixing people's tired and worn out hiking gear, but mostly just hanging out with a bunch of hiker friends who'll be there. Heading out to "Hardcore" Sunday morning - it's a rather unique trail maintenance gig that happens every year. Basically, my friend Bob Peoples (of TEHC and Kincora Hostel fame) organizes a giant maintenance project and recruits a bunch of current thruhikers and freaks like me to go out and get it done over the course of two very busy days. It's a lot of fun. That's the kind of fun where you end up hauling a wooden bridge several miles (mostly uphill) over trail that's simultaneously being cut by hand (by the other volunteers,) starting early in the morning, and while working off a massive hangover from the previous several days of partying is your kind of thing to do for fun. It's fun stuff! This will be my fourth year running, so I might end up with some minions this time - all that much more fun!

Probably won't be posting too much more on this blog, once traildays is over I'll be on the road again - back to KY, then CO, then that WFR course, then looking for a new place in Boulder. It's nice to be moving again, think it's a chronic obsession now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home