Sounds like a plan.

Depart: Pegasus Ice Runway, Antarctica ~ February 25, 2006
Arrive: Boulder, Colorado - May 27, 2006

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hitting the road

So the car's packed up and ready to roll, just kicking around a little longer at my dad's place so we can smoothly rendezvous with our UPS driver at Neels gap (which is fortunately on the way to Kentucky) where I can hopefully pick up my last box of stuff gained through working at the shop.

Talking to my dad last night, I found out that my grandfather made it to another milestone in life this week. Got me thinking about the strange symmetries in life - starting with the often alluded to cycle of birth and death, but continuing on to all sorts of weird things that I probably never would have thought about without a close family member slowly succombing to Altzheimers. Remembering stuff happened over the past several years like having to take his drivers license taken away because he couldn't safely drive anymore years after being given a drivers license once they became part of our culture. Remembering moving grandad to a nursing home vs him moving into the first home of many that he would build. Lately the symmetries have been getting a bit more basic, more obvious, and more painful to watch. Sometime, I suppose in 1917 or 1918, he was taught how to use a spoon...

Feels good to be on the road again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home